The only Episcopalian graduate theological seminary on the West Coast, CDSP integrates scholarship, reflection, worship, spirituality, and the practice of ministry to provide intellectually rigorous theological education. Our ordination and academic programs offer spiritual formation for people who will, in a time of religious and cultural pluralism, lead the church in participating in God’s mission, forming Christian disciples, and proclaiming the Gospel. Women and men attend classes at our historic campus or online from urban and rural settings, small towns, and parishes of all sizes around the world, contributing to the diversity of the unique ecumenical, inter-religious, and multicultural academic setting of the GTU. CDSP is a member of the Episcopal Church.
Denominational Affiliation: Episcopal Church
Accreditation: Association of Theological Schools
Academic Programs and Degrees
- Master of Divinity (MDiv): three year program, ordination track, residential and low residence options.
- Master of Theological Studies (MTS): two year program, non-ordination track.
- Master of Arts (MA, through the GTU)
- Certificate of Theological Studies: 24 units, in residence or online options.
- Certificate of Anglican Studies: 24 units, in residence or low-residence options.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD, through the GTU)
Facilities: CDSP is located in the main core of the Graduate Theological Union’s campus, close to the GTU library and administration buildings and UC Berkeley.
Church Divinity School of the Pacific
2450 Le Conte Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94709