Spring 2023: Seminar B will be available to reserve beginning in February.
Questions? Chat a librarian (from any library webpage) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Food is not allowed in any of our rooms, but covered, spill-proof beverage containers are okay.
Reservable Seminar Rooms for group study
Library Seminar Rooms are located on the first floor of the Hewlett building. GTU and member school students, faculty, staff, and visiting scholars can reserve group study rooms in two-hour blocks, 30 days in advance. To reserve please use the button below. Need help? Email email@example.com or chat a librarian.
Beverages in sealed travel containers are allowed. Food is not allowed.
Reservations are forfeited if the party fails to arrive or contact the library within 30 minutes, as we will release the room to walk-in use.
You are responsible for picking up the key from the circulation staff, leaving the room in the clean condition it was in, turning everything off, ensuring the room is locked at the end of the session, and returning key to a circulation staff member.
The keys will be checked out on your library card. Late fees apply, so please return on time. Failure to repeatedly return the keys in a timely manner, could result in large fines or a block on your account. If your reservation is near closing time, please return the key 20 minutes before the library closes so it can be checked in.
Repeated failure to observe these policies may result in a suspension of room use privileges.
Other A-V Equipment in the library
TV with DVD/VHS Player
DVDs and VHS tapes owned by the GTU library and instructor-owned media placed on course reserve may be watched with headphones at the Media Viewing Station. Located in a study carrel behind the reference collection, you can bring your own headphones, or use ours. First come, first serve.
Slides owned by the GTU library and instructor-owned media placed on course reserve can view slides with a view box, which projects the image to a small screen. The view box can also project images to an external projection screen. Available via the reference desk.
Record (LP) Player and Tape Player
Records (LP) and tapes owned by the GTU library and instructor-owned media placed on course reserve may be played on the record (LP) and tape players. Available via the reference desk.
This room’s primary purpose is to serve as a meeting and training place for GTU library staff, short term library projects, and individuals who are using the archives or rare books.
- Beverages in sealed travel containers are allowed if you are using the room for a meeting.
- All beverages ARE PROHIBITED if you are working with archival or rare materials.
- Food is not allowed.
- Please consult with the archivist for specific guidelines regarding the use of archival material.
Reservation Priorities, in order
- Library meetings, webinars, and projects.
- Patron use for reading of rare books, archival materials, or working with the art collection in consultation with a library staff member.
- GTU-owned courses that have an integrated library component, such as working with art or archives, or will be using the touch screen (with a maximum of two courses a week).
- One-time, non-library meetings when all other spaces are not available.
While the Dinner Board Room is in the same building as the library, it is managed by the GTU adminstration. Please visit the President's office for information and availability.