Julián A. González Holguín
Assistant Professor of Old Testament
Julián Andrés González Holguín was born in Colombia, South America and has lived in the USA for 10 years. He earned his MDiv from George Truett Theological Seminary, at Baylor University and his PhD in religious studies from Southern Methodist University. After working with children and youth in his home country, he also served as Hispanic minister during his master program.
PhD, Southern Methodist University, 2015
MDiv, Baylor University, 2010
BS, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, 2006
- Hebrew Bible in Relation to its Imperial Contexts
- Postcolonial Hermeneutics
- Diaspora and Migration Studies and the Bible
- Political Theory and Critical Theory
- Cultural Studies
- Reception History
- Cain, Abel, and the Politics of God: an Agambenian Reading of Gen. 4:1-16, Routledge, 2017.
- "Lev. 24:10-23: An Outsider Perspective," Hebrew Studies 55 (2015).
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Reading Isaiah
- Introduction to the Minor Prophets
- Introduction to Biblical Hebrew