At the Graduate Theological Union, the proximity of our member schools, multi-faith centers, and interdisciplinary programs creates a dynamic intellectual community that draws scholars from around the world. As a consortium, the GTU offers two degree programs, the Master of Arts (MA) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD). We also offer certificate programs. Our member schools offer many other programs of study.
In addition to taking classes across the GTU consortium, our students are eligible to take courses at the University of California, Berkeley, just across the street.
2400 Ridge Road
Berkeley, CA 94709
Phone: (510) 649-2460
GTU students benefit from:
- the largest theological faculty in the United States
- hundreds of course offerings across the consortium that allow for rich interdisciplinary and interreligious study
- one of the finest theological libraries in the world
- a collaborative relationship with the world's preeminent public university, the University of California, Berkeley, increasing the options for interdisciplinary projects
- a culturally and religiously diverse location in the San Francisco Bay Area
The annual SOP Workshop is presented by the Admissions Office and led by Dean Uriah Kim and Professors Jay Johnson and Rita Sherma, and is designed to assist you in writing this very important application component. If you are considering further study either here at the GTU or anywhere else, this is a great opportunity.
See yourself here! Try out classes, explore our neighborhood, meet with professors and students, and learn about the admission process here at GTU.