Library/ID cards

To officially identify you as a GTU student and to receive GTU and UCB library privileges, the GTU issues an Photo Student ID card to every student during Orientation. This card is also your library card. We will put a library barcode on the back of this card, but you can also login to online library resources (ebooks and databases) using your student ID number. 


  • JST students will receive their student ID cards from Santa Clara University, and the GTU library will put a barcode on the front of that card. 
  • PLTS students will receive their student ID cards from California Lutheran University and the GTU library will put a barcode on the back of that card. 

For New Students

Where to get your ID Card: 

GTU Students- During library orientation, your photograph will be taken and your card will be produced. If you miss orientation, we offer make-up library orientation times. After the semester starts, IDs are available by Moodle appointment only (email Distant students, do not require a card, as you can login to ebooks and articles with your student ID number. If you need a card, we will make card, distribute to school. Library Barcodes will be applied at first checkout.

Once you have received your card, it will need to be validated with a current sticker. To obtain the validation sticker, you must first register for your courses. After you have registered, your school's registrar will provide you with a semester sticker. This sticker is required every semester to use UC-Berkeley's library. 


Faculty, staff, visiting scholars- You have the option of having a laminated card without photo, or a hard photo ID. If you want one without photo- pickup the paper card from your registrar, bring to the library for a barcode and lamination. If you'd like a photo ID, the registrar/dean will contact Moodle on behalf of the individual to schedule an appointment. After ID is printed, the library will put a barcode on the card.  


Community patrons, ALTA reciprocal borrowers, UCB people - all will have paper card made at library- patrons will provide proof of status when they come in.

Once you have registered for classes, you will be able to use library resources by using your student ID number, or the library barcode you will receive the first time you check-out books. A current semester sticker is required to obtain a UCB library card, available from the Privileges Desk at the Doe Library.  

**NOTE: Students entering a new program or changing their School of Affiliation will need a new ID/Library card.

For Continuing Students

Each semester you are enrolled, you will need to receive a new validation sticker. To obtain this sticker, you must first register for your classes. Once you have registered, your school's registrar can give you an updated sticker. 

Lost and Stolen ID Cards

  • If you have a photo ID card, please contact Effective July 2 2018 there is a $25 fee to replace ID cards.
  • For students currently using a non-photo ID, please contact your registrar for a replacement card.