Access the latest, most up-to-date COVID-19 resources, policies, and news for faculty, students, and staff of the GTU, including guidance for staying safe as we reopen here >>
Professor of Theological and Social Ethics
PhD, Union Theological Seminary, 2001
MTS, Wesley Theological Seminary, 1996
MSW, University of Washington, 1981
BA, St. Olaf College, 1976
- The climate crisis as related to race and class.
- Theo-ethical inquiry into economic globalization.
- Theo-ethical inquiry into moral agency and hope.
- The ethical implications of resurrection and incarnation.
- Faith-based resistance to systemic injustice.
- Earth ethics as the intersection of social justice and ecological well-being.
- Resisting Structural Evil: Love as Ecological-Economic Vocation, Fortress Press, 2013.
- The Bible and Ethics: A New Conversation, Fortress Press 2018.
- Public Church: For the Life of the World, Fortress Press, 2004.
- Healing a Broken World: Globalization and God, Fortress Press, 2002.
- "Climate Debt, White Privilege and Christian Ethics as Political Theology," in Common Good(s): Economy, Ecology, Political Theology," Fordham Press, 2015.
- "Being Church in and against White Privilege," in Transforming Lutheran Theologies: Feminist, Womanist, and Mujerista Perspectives, Fortress Press, 2010.
- "Free Trade Agreements and the Neo-Liberal Economic Paradigm: Economic, Ecological, and Moral Consequences," Journal of Political Theology, 2009.
- Christian Ethics as Radical Love Embodied.
- Climate Justice: Theology and Action in Relation.
- Faith-Based Social Transformation.
- Earth Ethics as Justice Ethics.
- Public Ministry.