GTU and member school students may also take courses at Dominican University of California and Mills College at Northeastern University.
Instruction begins at Dominican: (note these are different from GTU start dates)
- Fall 2023: August 21, 2023
- Spring 2024: January 16, 2024
Instruction begins at Mills: (note this are different from GTU start dates)
- Fall 2023: September 6, 2023
- Spring 2024: January 8, 2024
If you encounter any difficulty in the cross-registration process, contact John Seal, the GTU Consortial Registrar (510/649-2462).
Instructions for Cross-Registration
1) During Registration, enter the Dominican or Mills course units for the course “UCB 9000” (use this course number if you cross-register at UC Berkeley, Dominican, or Mills; enter the TOTAL number of units for ALL cross-registration courses)
2) Obtain the correct Application and Certification for Cross Registration form from your school's Registrar or from the GTU website. DO NOT use forms issued by UCB, Dominican, or Mills College, only use the appropriate form provided by the GTU Registrar.
3) Fill out the form completely: Remember to select a grading option, and write down the correct number of units. For UC Berkeley, you MUST include both the 5-digit class number and the course number (these are different!).
4) Get the required GTU signatures: Start with your Dean and your advisor (if required), then submit the form to the GTU Registrar.
5) Get the required Dominican/Mill signatures:
- Dominican: Take the COMPLETED form (including the above signatures) to the DU Division Chairperson (undergrad courses) OR the Program Director (graduate courses).
- Mills: Take the COMPLETED form (including the above signatures) to the Instructor of the course for his her/signature, then take the form to the Mills College Registrar for their signature.
6) Once you have ALL of these signatures:
- Dominican Take the completed form to the DU Registrar. They will sign it. Follow form instructions for DU copies.
- Mills: Submit the white copy to the Mills Registrar. Keep the pink copy for your records.
7) Submit an electronic copy of the form to email@example.com. Your cross-registration is not complete until you complete this step, and your schedule will show “UCB 9000 Taking UCB Course/s” until you do so.
If you are a GTU MA or PhD student, the GTU Registrar will replace “UCB 9000” with the actual course number and name which will then appear on your online schedule and your transcript. If you are a member school student, your school's registrar will complete this process.
If you decide not to take the Dominican University/Mills College course(s) which you included in your SONIS schedule, you must drop “UCB 9000” in SONIS before the end of Late Registration.
If you change or drop a Dominican University/Mills College class, you must complete the proper paperwork at BOTH institutions. Failure to do so may result in an “F” for the class on your transcript.