Ask a librarian: chat or firstname.lastname@example.org !
Available 24/7: Our Guides and Tutorials!
Fall 2021: The Hybrid Reference Desk.
We are piloting a hybrid reference desk where we will offer a mix of in-person and online services. Some days will be walk-in at the library, other days will be on zoom for drop-in help, we will be on chat every weekday, and available for appointments in-person and online. And we always will be available at email@example.com. The schedule will be posted here. Please note, the in-person schedule will vary due to instruction sessions, lunch, and meetings.
Ask-a-librarian Chat, email assistance, and zoom appointments: 9am-4pm (pacific) on Weekdays.
In person assistance:
Tuesday Sept. 14th 9:30am-4pm
Wednesday Sept. 15th 9:30am-4pm
Thursday Sept. 16th 9am-2pm
Monday Sept. 20th 12:30pm-2pm
Tuesday Sept. 21st 9:30am-4pm
Wednesday Sept. 22nd 9:30am-4pm
Tuesday Sept. 28th 9:30am-4pm
Wednesday Sept. 29th 9:30am-4pm
Thursday Sept. 30th 9am-2pm
- Locate a specific fact, or answer a specific question
- Find a particular book, journal, journal article, video, slide set, or audio tape
- Find materials on a particular topic
- Provide basic instruction on research skills such as finding journal articles, searching for books, or how to use Biblical reference tools
- Assist in using electronic research tools, such as the ATLA Religion Database
- Suggest additional avenues for researching a topic
- Approve format and paper for thesis and dissertation
- Request materials from Special Collections and Archives