- Students must be in a degree program to cross-register for a UCB course. For further information, see the GTU/UCB Cross-registration agreement.
- If you encounter problems or questions in the process, please contact John Seal, GTU Consortial Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UCB Course Schedule
Deadlines & Important Dates
The Friday of the first week of the semester at noon is the deadline for filing the Cross Registration form in the GTU Consortial Registrar’s Office. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS to this deadline.
Cross-registration forms due:
Fall: September 10, 2021
Spring: February 4, 2022
Instruction at UCB begins:
- Fall: August 25, 2021
- Spring: January 18, 2022
- During Early or General Registration, register for the course “UCB 9000.” (Also use this course number if you cross-register at Dominican University of California, Holy Names University, or Mills College.) Enter the total number of units for all cross-registration courses which you are taking.
- Download the Application and Certification for Cross Registration form prior to the first day of the UCB class. The form must be filled in completely. No form will be accepted without the electronic or physical signatures of the Dean of your school and the UCB Instructor actually teaching the course. Signatures should be collected in the following order: 1)Instructor, 2)Dean, 3)Registrar.
- Submit the Application and Certification for Cross Registration form to the GTU Registrar's Office (email@example.com) by the deadlines listed above.
- Your Schedule will show the course “UCB 9000 - Taking UCB course/s” until you submit the Application for Cross-Registration form.
COVID-19 requirements and protocols
UC Berkeley also has vaccination requirements for any student who is cross-registered and entering their campus. Their complete return to campus page is linked here. Please review their requirements if you plan on taking a course at CAL.
UC Berkeley is asking students to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to eTang via the CalCentral Student Portal. They will also require all students to submit to a Covid-19 test before they enter campus (information about CAL’s surveillance testing sites is here). If you test negative for COVID-19, you will receive a green electronic badge that will be valid for 180 days. Finally, they will also ask you to sign a Student Financial Agreement, even if you do not pay tuition or fees to UC Berkeley directly. This will also be on your CalCentral Student Portal.
Fully vaccinated students who have taken a course at CAL before and have a Calnet ID will be able to upload their vaccination record and sign the Student Financial Agreement now! I also recommend getting tested as soon as possible.
If you have not taken a CAL class before, do not have a Calnet ID and have a course that you need to take at CAL in Fall 2021, please submit your cross-registration form as soon as possible.
- It is UCB policy that cross-registrations not be processed until after the fifth week of the relevant UCB term. Consequently, your name will not appear on the initial rosters available to your UCB instructor. If your name is still not appearing after the sixth week of classes, please contact John Seal, GTU Consortial Registrar.
- Your registrar will replace “UCB 9000” with the actual course number(s), which will then appear on your online schedule and your transcript.
- If you decide not to take the UCB course for which you registered, you must drop “UCB 9000” before the end of Late Registration.
- If you change or drop a UCB class after submitting the form, please contact John Seal as soon as possible. Failure to do so may result in an “F” for the class on your transcript.