Join the Skylight Society
Leave a Legacy…
The GTU’s Skylight Society honors donors who have made a future commitment to us through a bequest or other planned gift. We invite you to join this special group, whose gifts help ensure our mission continues—today and into the future. Membership in the Skylight Society is open to anyone who has or will be providing a planned gift of any amount or type.
Types of Planned Gifts
- Bequests allow gifting through your will or trust
- Charitable Gift Annuities and Charitable Remainder Trusts offer an immediate income tax deduction and lifetime income payments
- Life Insurance allows you to donate a new policy or designate the Graduate Theological Union as the beneficiary and/or owner of an existing policy.
- IRA and 401(k) Plans allow you to name the GTU as beneficiary. If you are over 70 ½ years old, you can make a gift directly from your IRA as part of your Required Minimum Distribution and reduce your taxable income!
- Charitable Lead Trusts provide a way to pass significant wealth to your heirs at minimal or no transfer-tax cost, while making immediate gifts to the Graduate Theological Union.
To explore these and other planned gift options, please contact email@example.com.
Please let us know if you have made a bequest or some other estate planning arrangement to support the GTU. It helps us with our organizational planning and allows us to express our appreciation in a way that is meaningful to you.