Access the latest, most up-to-date COVID-19 resources, policies, and news for faculty, students, and staff of the GTU here>>
Mary E. McGann
Adjunct Associate Professor of Liturgical Studies
PhD, Graduate Theological Union, 1996
MA, University of Notre Dame, 1980
MA, LaSalle University, 1974
BMus, Manhattanville College, 1965
- Ritual Studies in Liturgical Scholarship
- Ecology and Liturgy
- Women, Spirituality, and Worship
- Ethnography of Ritual Performance
- Inculturation and Liturgy
- Liturgy and Spirituality
- Let It Shine! The Emergence of African-American Catholic Worship (with contributions from Eva Marie Lumas, SSS, and Ronald D. Harbor), Fordham University Press, 2008.
- Precious Fountain: Music in the Worship of an African-American Catholic Community, Liturgical Press, 2004.
- Exploring Music as Worship and Theology: Research in Liturgical Practice, Liturgical Press, 2004.
- “Committed to Earth's Waters for Life: Baptism in a Time of Global Water Crisis,” in Drenched in Grace: Essays in Baptismal Ecclesiology, Lizette Larson Miller and Walter Knowles, eds.Wipf & Stock, 2013.
- “Making Vital Connections: Developing Creational Consciousness in Life and Worship,” Liturgy, Spring 2012.
- “Liturgical-Musical Ethnography: Challenges and Promise,” Jaarboek vor Liturgie-Onderzoek, 2010.