Marianne Farina, CSC
Professor of Philosophy and Theology
PhD in Theological Ethics, Boston College, 2004
MA in Pastoral Theology, Santa Clara University, 1996
BFA in Communication Arts, Parsons School of Design/New School for Social Research University 1974
- Moral Theology
- Islamic Philosophy and Theology
- Comparative Ethics and Social Theory
- Interfaith Dialogue
- "Teaching Comparative Theological Ethics," in Listening: Journal of Communication Ethics, Religion, and Culture, Summer 2013.
- "Muslim and Christian Principles of Debate: Renewing Discourse in the Public Square," in Engaging the Other: Public Policy and the Clash of Ignorance, eds. Karim H. Karim and Mahmoud Eid. Ottawa: University of Ottawa Press, 2013.
- "Theological Ethics of Abu Hamid al-Ghazali," in Al-Ghazali in the Mirror of Islamic Studies, ed. Jorgen Ballus. Germany: University of Osnabruck Press, 2013.
- Pursuing Meaning and Method for a Living Faith: Ethical-Religious Challenges" Studies in Interreligious Dialogue, Fall 2011.
- "What is Sharia?: An Introduction by Wael B. Hallaq" (Book Review) Ethiopian Journal of Religious Studies, Fall 2011.
- "Human Rights Discourse across Religious Traditions," in Listening: Journal of Communication Ethics, Religion, and Culture, Fall 2010.