Judith A. Berling
Professor Emerita of Chinese and Comparative Religions
Core Doctoral Faculty
At the GTU since1987
Degrees and Certifications
PhD, Columbia University, 1976
Research and Teaching Interests
- Interreligious Learning
- World Religions and Theological Education
- Chinese Spiritualities
- Asian Christianities and Contextual Theologies
- Understanding Other Religious Worlds: A Guide for Interreligious Education, Orbis, 2004.
- A Pilgrim in Chinese Culture: Negotiating Religious Diversity, Orbis, 1997.
- "Why Chinese Thought on Relgious Diversity is Important," in Religious Diversity in Chinese Thought, Palgrave/Macmillan, 2013.
- "Confucianism and Peacebuilding," in Religion and Peacebuilding, ed. Harold Coward and Gordon S. Smith, State University of New York Press, 2004.
- "Beyond 2000: The Global World and Theological Education," Pacifica: Journal of the Melbourne College of Divinity, 1998.
- "Getting out of the Way: A Strategy for Engaging Students in Collaborative Learning," in Teaching Theology and Religion, 1998.