Jerome P. Baggett
Professor of Religion and Society
STL, Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley
PhD, Graduate Theological Union
MTS, Weston School of Theology
AB, Boston College
- Religion, Democracy and Civil Society
- Spirituality and the Religious Quest in Modern America
- Catholic Parishes and Civic Participation; Sociology of American Catholicism
- Religion and Social Theory; Sociology of Religion; Religion and Cultural Analysis
- Volunteering, Charitable Giving and Religion
- Religion and Politics in the U.S.
- Sense of the Faithful: An End and Beginning of American Catholicism, Oxford University Press, 2009.
- Habitat for Humanity: Building Private Homes, Building Public Religion, Temple University Press, 2001.
- “Protagoras’s Assertion Revisited: American Atheism and Its Accompanying Obscurities,” Implicit Religion, Fall 2011.
- "The Catholic Citizen: Perennial Puzzle or Emergent Oxymoron?" Social Compass, 2006.
- "The Poor Will Always Be With Us? Poverty in the Biblical Tradition and in Modern Society," in Ronald Y. Nakasone, ed., The Transforming Spiritual Landscape: Buddhist-Christian Encounters, Dharma Cloud Publishers, 2005.
- "Congregations and Civil Society: A Double-Edged Connection," Journal of Church and State, 2002.