Eugene Eung-Chun Park
Dana and Dave Dornsife Professor of New Testament
Core Doctoral Faculty
At the GTU since1996
Degrees and Certifications
PhD, University of Chicago, 1991
STM, Yale Divinity School, 1986
MDiv, Presbyterian Theological Seminary, 1984
BA, Seoul National University, 1981
Research and Teaching Interests
- Gospel of Matthew and Formative Judaism
- New Perspective on Paul
- Biblical hermeneutics
- Greco-Roman Background for the New Testament
- Dialogues of Plato (Classical Greek)
- Either Jew or Gentile: Paul's Unfolding Theology of Inclusivity, Westminster John Knox Press, 2003.
- The Mission Discourse in Matthew's Interpretation, J.C.B. Mohr, 1995.
- “Covenantal Nomism and the Gospel of Matthew,” Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 2015.
- “Cynic Itinerant Philosophers and Galilean Wandering Missionaries in Matthew” (ed. by M. Chaney et al.) Reading A Tendentious Bible, Sheffield Academic Press, 2014.
- “Rachel's Cry for Her Children: Matthew's Treatment of the Infanticide by Herod,” Catholic Biblical Quarterly, 2013.
- “An Unintended Reader’s Response to Matthew 22:34-40,” Sacra Scripta, 2011.