Access the latest, most up-to-date COVID-19 resources, policies, and news for faculty, students, and staff of the GTU, including guidance for staying safe as we reopen here>>
Christopher J. Renz, OP
Professor of Liturgical Studies and Science & Theology
MDiv, Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology, 1997
MA in Theology, Dominican School of Philosophy and Theology, 1997
PhD in Microbiology, Northwestern University, 1986
BS in Biological Chemistry, St. Peter's College, 1981
- Biotechnology, particularly industrialized agriculture and sustainable approaches to food production and consumption
- Religion, Spirituality (R/S) and Health Studies
- Connatural knowledge and creative intuition in art and poetry
- Poetry & mysticism
- Catholic worship and culture
- Editor. Ecce Homo - devotional expressions of hardship and healing in the Americas (Oakland, CA: Albertus Magnus Press, Fall 2017).
- “The Hymn of Creation and the Divine Office,” in Sacred Sounds - exhibition booklet, Spring 2019 (Berkeley, CA: Doug Adams Gallery, 2019).
- “Liturgy and Fine Arts on Campus in College Education: Blase Schauer, O.P. and the ‘Las Cruces Experiment'” in Dominicans on Mission: Selected Essays (River Forest, IL, forthcoming).
- LSRA 1500 - Foundations of Catholic Liturgy
- LSRA 3500 - Liturgical Anthropology