Associate Professor of Historical and Cultural Studies; Executive Director, Center for LGBTQ and Gender Studies in Religion (PSR); Director, Certificate of Sexuality and Religion (PSR)
At the GTU since2000
Degrees and Certifications
PhD, Yale University, 1996
Research and Teaching Interests
- LGBTQ Religious History
- Welcoming Christianities
- History of Sexuality
- Medieval Social and Religious History
- Queer Studies
- LGBTQ Pastoral Care
- Ministry Among God’s Queer Folk: LGBT Pastoral Care, Pilgrim Press, 2007.
- “Reading Christianity, Social Tolerance and Homosexuality as a Call to Action: Boswell and Gay-Affirming Movements in American Christianity.” In The Boswell Thesis, University of Chicago Press, 2005.
- “‘The Dead Sea of Sodomy’: Giordano da Pisa on Men Who Have Sex With Men.” In Queer Italia: Same-Sex Desire In Italian Literature And Film, Palgrave MacMillan, 2004.
- “The Inquisition.” In Reader’s Guide to Lesbian and Gay Studies, Fitzroy Dearborn Publishers, 2000.
- “Foundresses of the Franciscan Life: Umiliana Cerchi and Margaret of Cortona,” Viator 29,1998.