Doctoral Advisor Handbook
On this webpage you, the faculty advisor, will find a number of resources that will help you in the advising doctoral students.
Mapping your Doctoral Program: Doctoral students receive this document at their orientation. This sample and blank plan is for your reference, but you can use it as a tool during your advising sessions.
Advising Agreement: This document establishes the parameters of the relationship between you and your advisee.
Doctoral Program Quick Guide: The Quick Guide is based on the Doctoral Handbook and provides a synthesis of the program (new curriculum).
Comprehensive Exams Quick Guide: This document provides an overview of the comprehensive exams process for students in the new curriculum.
The following forms are included for your reference. Your student is in charge of locating these forms and filing them out prior to requesting your signature.
- SRC Form for upgrades or special reading courses (this form still states Webadvisor, but as of Fall 2018, our registration system will be GTU SONIS).
- Research Readiness Review Form
- Request to Proceed to Comprehensive Exams
- Dissertation Proposal Evaluation Form
- Request to Proceed to Dissertation
- Complete Doctoral Handbook: this document is your guide to the program. The Quick Guides can provide easy reference, but refer to this document if you have questions or need clarification.