Access the latest, most up-to-date COVID-19 resources, policies, and news for faculty, students, and staff of the GTU here>>
Join Us for SFTS Preview Weekend: NOV 1-3, 2018
Part academic seminar, part spiritual retreat, our Preview Weekend will introduce you to our robust theological education and inclusive and reflective community over two days in Marin County, California. This is a perfect opportunity to explore our innovative degree programs, courses, and beautiful campus, meet faculty and students, and explore the area surrounding the seminary grounds.
Let us help you get here! We will offer you:
- Up to $300 in travel vouchers to help cover travel costs, including ground transportation from/to the airport.
- Free room and board here on our beautiful campus.
- Application fees waived if you apply to one of our programs while you’re here.
- Generous financial aid and scholarship opportunities for those who qualify.
What makes SFTS unique?
- SFTS reinvents education for ministry through rigorous scholarship, and a tradition of commitment to spirituality and social justice ministry in the Christian faith;
- Our groundbreaking Center for Innovation in Ministry provides opportunities for collaborative programs in communities beyond the walls of the Seminary;
- We are a founding member of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU), which exponentially broadens your interfaith educational possibilities and experience;
- Our historic campus is located in the pristine beauty of Marin County, just 20 minutes from the Golden Gate bridge and the wider San Francisco Bay Area.
During your visit, you will:
- Spend a day as an SFTS student: attending classes, worshipping in chapel, and socializing at community lunch.
- Get to know the campus community through structured discussions and informal gatherings with faculty, staff, and students.
- Learn about the wealth and diversity of resources available through our relationship with the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley.
- Explore your own sense of call to ministry through meaningful worship, spiritual practices, and optional one-on-one time with a spiritual director.
- Consider where you would live, what classes you would take, and how you would fund your SFTS education through conversations with our Student Life staff.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of our San Anselmo campus nestled in the foothills of Mount Tamalpais, surrounded by the magnificence of God’s creation.