Access the latest, most up-to-date COVID-19 resources, policies, and news for faculty, students, and staff of the GTU here>>
Please join us as for a lively panel discussion as we discuss: #MeToo, Believing in Women’s Equality, with issues specific to the church. We will explore:
- The church as a place for dealing with past trauma
- Misconduct by congregants against women pastors
- The sense of entitlement by some that excuses or enables assault on the selfhood of others
- There will be a Q&A at the end of the panel
The panel will feature:
- Rev. Dr. Teresa Chavez-Sauceda, Assistant Professor of Ministry, Director of Advanced Pastoral Studies, SFTS
- Rev. Dr. Laurie Garrett-Cobbina, Chief Diversity Officer, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Care and Education, Shaw Chair for CPE, Director of Shaw Institute, SFTS
- Sylvia Thorson-Smith, Member, PCUSA Advisory Committee on Social Witness Policy (PCUSA ACSWP)
- Rev. Darcy Metcalfe, PhD Student, University of Iowa, Member PCUSA ACSWP
- Moderated by Rev. Beverly Brewster, Pastor, Sleepy Hollow Presbyterian Church
San Francisco Theological Seminary, along with Presbyterian Mission Agency, Advisory Committee on Social Witness Policy, will co-sponsor a special panel event.
This is a free event, but we ask that you RSVP here to ensure your seat.