The symbol of the Graduate Theological Union takes inspiration from the skylight at the heart of the library all GTU scholars share. This simple, elegant grid symbolizes intersecting paths and converging ideas, expressing the illuminating, collaborative spirit of the GTU.
About Our Logo
The GTU has three logo components: the skylight symbol, a wordmark with the GTU acronym (primary logo), and a wordmark with the school's full name (formal logo).
GTU member schools, centers, and affiliates are encouraged to display the GTU logo on their websites and in printed materials. Member schools and affiliates wishing to display the GTU logo in partnership with their own unique branding are encouraged to consult these guidelines. For a more complete set of identity usage guidelines for the GTU logo, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Both the primary and formal versions of the logo are available for download below in a variety of file formats and variations.
Media Use of the GTU Logo
Accredited members of the media (press agencies or journalists) are permitted to use the GTU logo in published articles or on television programs featuring the GTU in accord with the guidelines below. Any other use is not allowed without written permission.
- The logo may not be copied, distributed, or used apart from the article about the GTU. For example, you may not redistribute the logo in hard copy or electronic format or make it available online for others to copy.
- The GTU logo may be used only in close proximity to, or in obvious connection with, a published article or broadcast news story about the GTU.
- The GTU logo may not be altered, animated, morphed, or otherwise distorted in perspective or appearance.
- When resizing the logo, please ensure that the aspect ratio is locked or any scaling instrument is set to Uniform
- Additional questions about usage of the GTU logo should be directed to email@example.com.
GTU Formal Seal
A one-color version of the Official Seal of the Graduate Theological Union is reserved primarily for formal academic use, such as on diplomas and transcripts.