GTU students may take courses at Dominican University, Holy Names University (including the HNU affiliate, the Sophia Center) and at Mills College.
- Sophia Center at Holy Names University also offers course that GTU students may take
Instruction begins at Dominican: (note this is different from the GTU)
- Fall 2019: August 26, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 21, 2020
Instruction begins at Holy Names: (note this is different from the GTU)
- Fall 2019: August 21, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 6, 2020
Instruction begins at Mills: (note this is different from the GTU)
- Fall 2019: August 28, 2019
- Spring 2020: January 23, 2020
If you encounter any difficulty in the cross-registration process, contact John Seal, the GTU Consortial Registrar (510/649-2462).
Instructions for Cross-Registration
1) During Early or General Registration, enter the Dominican, Holy Names, or Mills course units for the course “UCB 9000” (use this course number if you cross-register at UC Berkeley, Dominican, Mills, or Holy Names; enter the TOTAL number of units for ALL cross-registration courses)
2) Obtain the correct Application and Certification for Cross Registration form from your school's Registrar or from the GTU Registrar’s Office (2nd Floor, 2465 LeConte Ave.). DO NOT use forms issued by UCB, Dominican, Holy Names University and Mills College, only use the appropriate form provided by the GTU Registrar. These are not available online.
3) Fill out the form completely: Remember to select a grading option, and write down the correct number of units. For UC Berkeley, you MUST include both the 5-digit class number and the course number (these are different!).
4) Get the required GTU signatures: Start with your Dean and your advisor (if required), then bring the form back to the GTU Registrar’s Office for their signature.
5) Get the required Dominican/Holy Names/Mill signatures:
- Dominican: Take the COMPLETED form (including the above signatures) to the DU Division Chairperson (undergrad courses) OR the Program Director (graduate courses).
- Holy Names: Take the COMPLETED form (including the above signatures) to the Instructor of the course for their signature and to the HNU Division Chair (except for Sophia Center courses: the Director of the center signs these forms in place of the Division Chair).
- Mills: Take the COMPLETED form (including the above signatures) to the Instructor of the course for his her/signature, then take the form to the Mills College Registrar for their signature.
6) Once you have ALL of these signatures:
- Dominican Take the completed form to the DU Registrar. They will sign it. Follow form instructions for DU copies.
- Holy Names Take the completed form the Holy Names Registrar. They will sign it. Turn in the white copy to the Holy Names Registrar.
- Mills: Submit the white copy to the Mills Registrar. Keep the pink copy for your records.
7) Submit the yellow copy to the GTU Registrar’s Office. Your cross-registration is not complete until you turn in the yellow copy to the GTU Registrar, and your schedule will show “UCB 9000 Taking UCB Course/s” until you do so. You might also ask the GTU Registrar to make a copy of your cross-registration form for your records.
The GTU Registrar will replace “UCB 9000” with the actual course number and name which will then appear on your online schedule and your transcript.
If you decide not to take the Dominican University/Holy Names University/Mills College course(s) which you included in your SONIS schedule, you must drop “UCB 9000” in SONIS before the end of Late Registration.
If you change or drop a Dominican University/Holy Names University/Mills College class, you must complete the proper paperwork at BOTH institutions. Failure to do so may result in an “F” for the class on your transcript.