Pravina Rodrigues, PhD Candidate
CDS Office Manager & Program Coordinator
MTS, Jesuit School of Theology of Santa Clara University, Berkeley, CA, 2016
BTh, St. Pius X College, Mumbai, Maharashtra, 2014
BA, SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai, 2014
Certificate in Philosophy, St. Charles Seminary, Nagpur, 2013.
Newhall Fellow Teaching Fellow, 2017 and 2018.
Interreligious Collaborative Research Fellow, 2019.
GTU Research Grant, Spring 2019
- Postcolonial lens to Hindu-Christian Comparative Theology
- Methodology in Comparative and Interfaith theology,
- Comparative Mysticism
- The resolution of the One (Divine) with the many (faith traditions)
The Student Advisory Committee (SAC) member which consists of six doctoral students serving rotating two-year terms. The SAC meets several times a semester (starting early in each semester) for 1 1⁄2 hours with the Academic Dean and Dean of Students. The Student Advisory Council advises the Deans and proactively advocates on behalf of student needs/concerns/issues. Specific duties include: formally participating in the incoming doctoral student orientation; hosting at least one open meeting with students per semester (the meeting is held early in the semester to leave time to follow-up on issues raised); collaborating with the Deans to develop accountability procedures to make sure student concerns are addressed; working with the Deans to make sure the composition of the SAC addresses the diversity among the students.
- A Critique of Comparative Theology, Berkeley Journal of Religion and Theology, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2017.
- Complete Communion As Means To A Symbiotic Religious Identity, Sustainable Societies: Interreligious & Interdisciplinary Responses, Springer Sophia Series, 2018.
- Beyond Tolerance to Communion, Skylight News and Notes from the GTU, Fall 2017.
Hindu Christian Comparative Theologies: Theories & Applications