Associate Professor of Art and Religion, Pacific School of Religion
PhD, University of Maryland, College Park, 2005
MA, Southern Methodist University, 1999
MA, Sofia University, 1995
BA, Sofia University, 1994
- Early Christian and Byzantine Art
- Western Medieval Art
- Islamic Art
- “‘The Salvation of the Soul and the Road to Heaven’: A Fourteenth-Century Interpretation of John Klimakos’ Heavenly Ladder,” in Byzantine Images and their Afterlives: Essays in Honor of Annemarie Weyl Carr, Ashgate, 2014.
- “Transformative Narratives and Shifting Identities in the Narthex of the Boiana Church,” Dumbarton Oaks Papers, 2012.
- "Healing the Body, Saving the Soul: Viewing Christ's Healing Ministry in Byzantium," in Healing in Byzantium: Faith and Science, Holy Cross Press, 2010.
- "Prayer and Penance in the South Bay of Chora Esonarthex," Gesta, 2009.
- "Images of Christ Emmanuel in Karanlik Kilise," Studies in Iconography, 2008.