Ronald D. Burris
Associate Professor of Church History
PhD, Graduate Theological Union, Berkeley CA
MA, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena CA
BA, University of California, Davis CA
- The major African fathers: Tertullian, Cyprian and St. Augustine
- The theology and history of the Church in North Africa
- The history of the first four ecumenical councils
- The history and theology of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- The Civil Rights movement as it relates to the theology of justice and love
- Reformation History and Theology
- "Another Look at the Good Samaritan: Luke 10:25-37," Review and Expositor, Fall, 2017.
- Wisdom from Africa: Theological Reflections on the Confessions of St. Augustine, Wipf & Stock Pub, 2016.
- Where is the Church? Martyrdom, Persecution, and Baptism in North Africa from the Second to the Fifth Century, Resource Publication, 2012.
- Jesus Christ as Ancestor: A Theological Study of Major African Ancestor Christologies in Conversation with the Patristic Christologies of Tertullian and Athanasius, by Reuben Turbi Luka, Langham Monographs 2019 pp.408. RBL 10/2022 the Society of Biblical Literature. See www.sblcentral.org/home
- The Christian Moses: Vision, Authority, and the Limits of Humanity in the New Testament and Early Christianity, by Jared C. Calaway. Studies in Christianity and Judaism 2. Montreal: McGill- Queen’s University Press, 2020, XVIII + 387 pp
Church History, volume 89, Issue 3, September 2020, 89, 659-750. Published online by Cambridge University Press: 23 February 2021, pp.659-660
- The Donatist Church in an Apocalyptic Age, by Jesse A. Hoover. New York: Oxford University Press, 2018. 254 pp .
American Academy of Religion, Reading Religion, February 19, 2019.