Yehan Numata Professor of Japanese Buddhist Studies
PhD, Graduate Theological Union
MA, Nyingma Institute
BA and MA, San Jose State University
- Tantric Fire Ritual
- Ritual Studies—Ritual Historiography and Ritual Structure
- Homa Variations: The Study of Ritual Change Across the Longue Duree, (Edited with Michael Witzel), Oxford University Press, 2016.
- Esoteric Buddhism and the Tantras in East Asia, (Edited with Charles D. Orzech), BRILL, 2011.
- Discourse and Ideology in Medieval Japanese Buddhism (Edited with Taigen Dan Leighton), RoutledgeCurzon, 2006.
- Tantric Buddhism in East Asia (Editor), Wisdom Publications, 2005.
- Language Conducive to Awakening: Categories of Language Use in East Asian Buddhism with Particular Attention to the Vajrayana Tradition, Iudicium Verlag, 1998.
- "Overcoming an Impoverished Ontology," in Soul, Psyche and Brain (Edited by Kelly Bulkeley), Palgrave Macmillan, 2005.