President and Professor of Faith and Public Life
PhD, International Relations, American University, 1998
MDiv, Union Theological Seminary, 1975
VA, Princeton University, 1971
- Public Theology
- The Church and Public Policy
- The Politics of Hunger and Poverty
- Global Christianity in the 21st Century
- Leadership and the Practice of Ministry
- Lectionary reflections on World Food Day, all 4 texts, in 3-volume, Preaching God’s Transforming Justice, Year A, Year B, and Year C, Westminster John Knox Press, Release of Year B in summer 2011, with subsequent volumes in the following two years.
- Contributing author to Lectionary reflections for Trinity Sunday through the Fourteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time in Hunger for the Word: Lectionary Reflections on Food and Justice, Year B, Collegeville, 2005.
- Chapter 6 of the 2003 Hunger Report, Agriculture in the Global Economy, “Improving Agriculture for Poor, Hungry People,” Bread for the World Institute.
- Chapter 5 of the 2002 Hunger Report, A Future with Hope, “Programs to End International Hunger,” Bread for the World Institute.