ATTENTION!!! Pastors, staff ministers, church leaders, laypersons, young adults, current and prospective seminarians...
- Wanting to engage relevant social concerns but not sure how?
- Looking to introduce fresh ministry ideas to your congregation or small group?
- Needing to upgrade your leadership skills?
- Craving for a taste of contemporary seminary scholarship?
SEMINARY SATURDAY EXTRAVAGANZA
NOVEMBER 10, 2012 | 9 AM - 3 PM
expanded choices—diversified instructors
- Are you living in a food desert?
- Qué tiene que ver la teología con la iglesia? (en Español)
- Martrydom, Persecution and Baptism in the Early Church
- In our Backyard: the Assault that Compels a Theological Response
- From Diversity to Inclusion: More than Just International Pot-lucks*
- The Syro-Phoenician Woman & the Abolition of U.S. Slavery
- Our Identity is in the Music
- Running on Empty** (Church Leadership)
- Life After the Touch
- Maidenhood and Virginity: Isaiah 7 and Biblical Languages
- The New Poor
- US Tax Policy as a Social Justice Issue
- Preaching with Relevance (taught in Korean)
- Global Hymns and Songs–Expanding Your Congregation’s Repertoire
- Toward a Theology of Work: A Woman’s Perspective
*will be translated into Korean | **will be translated into Spanish
$10 per person – OR– $100 per organization/church (10 or more people)
- Up to five (5) 50-minute sessions per person
- Beverages and snack
Box lunch available for purchase for $5 at the event (advance reservation requested) - Cash payment preferred
(or bring your own lunch box/bag)
To register for the event and to reserve a box lunch:
- Go to http://absw.edu/section/view/seminary_saturday__o_taste_and_see
- Download the registration form on the left-hand column of this page
- Complete the form and send in payment to the address on the form.
If you cannot download the form, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the ABSW Admissions Office at 510-841-1905 x229 to request a registration form.
Same-day registration accepted as space permits.